By Nwafor Sunday
The governor of Anambra state, Chief Willie Obiano has on Thursday Inaugurated over twenty men state committee for the burial of the former vice president, late Dr. Alex Ekwueme who died in a London clinic.
According to the senior Special assistant to Gov. Obiano on social media, Mr. Ifeanyi Aniagoh, the state committee includes:
- Prof Solo Chukwulobelu – Chairman
- HE Chief (Mrs) Ebelechukwu Obiano, Osodieme
- Sen Dr Joy Emordi
- HE Amb Bianca Odumegwu Ojukwu
- HRH Prof Laz Ekwueme
- Sen Stella Oduah
- HRH Peter Aniukwu
- HRH Rowland Odegbo
- Chief Maja Umeh
- Chief Ben Ezine
- Ogochukwu Ekwueme
- Hon Harford Oseke
- Hon Romanus Obi
- Hon Beverly Nkemdichi Ikpeazu
- Hon Nikky Ugochukwu
- Hon Vivian Okadigbo
- Dr Dan Ezeawu
- Mr Amaechi Akorah – Secretary
- Mr Nwabufo Nwankwo
- Representatives from South East States of Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo which include, Dr GC Aja the SSG from Enugu State and Hon Clems Nweke, the Principal Secretary to the Governor of Ebonyi State.
Recall that the federal government had inaugurated its own committee chaired by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha.
In view of that therefore, Gov. Obiano inaugurated the above subcommittee to assist the federal committee to provide the necessary guide on how to give a befitting funeral to late Dr Alex Ekwueme, Aniagoh said via his facebook account.