Breaking News
Translate

2 fashion designers die of power generator fumes in Edo

By Simon Ebegbulem

BENIN—The bodies of two fashion designers were found dead, yesterday morning, in Benin, after they reportedly inhaled fumes from a power generating set.

Their lifeless bodies were discovered after relatives broke down the door of the room.

The victims were said to have put on the generator inside their shop along Second East Circular Road, while working Monday night.

One of the victims and owner of the shop, who was identified as Obianuju, was said to have invited her friend to work with her in order to deliver her customers clothes on time.

It was gathered that Obianuju had approached her apprentices to work through the night, a request they rejected, forcing her to appeal to her friend to assist her before the tragic incident occurred.

A brother to Obianuju, who identified himself as Chukwudi, said: “I got a call from my sister at about 2p.m., when she complained that her friend was getting weak.

“I told her to give her anointing oil. Minutes later, I put a call on her mobile phone to know the situation of things, but she did not pick my call.

“So I came here this morning and we invited the Police to force the door open and all we saw was their dead bodies.”

 


Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.