Breaking News
Translate

Family of four dies of generator fumes in Kogi

BY BOLUWAJI OBAHOPO

LOKOJA – The cement city of Obajana in Kogi State was weekend thrown into mourning following the discovery of the decomposing bodies of a man, his wife and two children in their building.

The man, Mr John Ayodele along with his family were suspected to have been killed by fume from a power generator mounted in the house.

The late Ayodele, was reported to have been last seen on Friday 28th July,  2017 raising apprehension when the deceased was not seen by his neighbors the following day.

Tension heightened over his continued indoor till Saturday evening with calls on his mobile telephone unanswered.

His Cousin, Chief Richard Asaje, who discovered the bodies said the stench that was emanating from his house in Obajana made them suspicious.

Consequently, Policemen from Obajana Division were alerted and when the door was forced open, the decomposing bodies were discovered.

Asaje explained that power generator fume was suspected as the cause, following the discovery of a power generator there.

According to him, “The incident happened between Friday and Saturday. It should be around 12am Saturday. He put a generator inside his toilet and locked the door. The house is a concrete building and it was discovered that he locked the window.

“Unfortunately, we never knew something had happened the second day, so we forced the door open following the stench emanating from the house.”

The deceased Cousin said their Corps has since been deposited at the Kogi State Specialist Hospital Lokoja, “The Husband should be around 35, but the wife is less than 30 years. The daughter that died is around four years and the last born is a Boy and is about three months.

“To us as a family is a shocking thing but there is no suspect because their death was caused by the fume of the generator. It has indeed thrown the family into serous mourning mood.

“The entire Family will be laid to mother earth on Friday 4th August, 2017 at Obajana Cemetery.” Asaje concluded

 


Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.