Breaking News

Badoo attacks again: I survived after assailant targeted my head with grinding stone — Precious, 14-yr-old girl

By Bose Adelaja

A 14-year-old girl, Precious Olaniyan, yesterday, narrated how she escaped death after she was attacked by a suspected member of the Badoo cult group.

The cult has allegedly been terrorizing Ikorodu, Lagos State and environs for more than one year. The latest attack occurred barely 72 hours after a visit by Inspector General of Police Ibrahim Idris to the troubled town.

The picture of Okewunmi Omotoyosi Daniel’s arrest on Saturday.

The alleged attack on Precious occurred after she attended a vigil organised by a branch of Cherubim and Seraphim Church in Agbowa, Ibeshe, Ikorodu.

The suspect, simply identified as Ahmed, 32, was said to be dressed in a white gown and arrived the church at about 10pm to join the worshipers who suspected him on arrival.

He allegedly attacked the teenager with a grinding stone while she was sleeping on a three- seater in one of the rooms located in a remote area of the church.

The victim, in pains at the time of Sunday Vanguard visit, said the vigil ended around 3pm after which worshippers went to sleep in different areas of the church. “I lay on a three-seater in one of the rooms but sounds of footsteps woke me at about 4am. I saw the first timer tip-toeing in my direction with his hands tucked in his flowing garment but, before I could say a word, he had pounced on me, pulling my dress”, she narrated.

“What came to my mind was that he wanted to rape me but what happened next was that he hit my head with a grinding stone and I was soaked in my own blood but I managed to shout on top of my voice. One of my relatives heard me from her room and cried for help. On noticing this, he took to his heels as the noise attracted other worshipers who also rushed to the scene.”

But before other worshipers could find their way to the room, the suspect, according to her, had allegedly returned to the auditorium without his white the garment, lying down as if nothing happened.

It was learned that the scene became rowdy and attracted a mob which was bent on unravelling the situation and it was discovered that the suspect’s garment had been given to an accomplice who jumped into the next building and all efforts to trace him proved abortive.

“The pain notwithstanding, I was able to recognise my assailant and he was confronted but he denied  and the scene became more rowdy as he was almost lynched,” the victim narrated.

“The mob was prevented from carrying out jungle justice and the suspect was handed over to the police.”


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.