By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor
Pen-pusher, poet and polemicist Odia Ofeimun an aspirant on the platform of Labour Party has unfolded his seven cardinal programmes for the state. Ofeimun, who worked as principal private secretary to the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo in a statement issued at the weekend also said he would plan and re-plan every village, town and city in the state within nine months of assuming office if elected.
The literary icon in his statement said under his seven cardinal programmes; he would
- Wipe out illiteracy for all citizens from age five to sixty
- Re-plan and rebuild every village, town and city
- Build a Super Dome Underground Railway Station at Oba Square in Benin City
- Create full employment by producing sixty percent, and more, of all goods consumed in Edo State.
- Establish a health care system, free for majority of citizens.
- Mobilise an aggressive solid minerals, oil and gas consortium
- Make Edo State a proper House of Culture.