By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor

More than a year after its national was kidnapped in Abuja, the Nigerian Capital, the British Government on Monday, raised the alarm over his whereabouts, calling for his release.

Seventy two year-old David Priestly was abducted in January last year by gun-wielding from a construction site in Kwale on the outskirts of Abuja and nothing has been heard about him ever since, as neither his kidnappers nor the security agencies have brought up any information regarding him.

But the British High Commission and Mr. Priestly’s wife, yesterday, made a passionate plea to any group or individual or group that is holding the man, to release him, saying that he is a good man and a loving husband, who has been living in Nigeria for over 30 years.

He is also married to a Nigerian with whom they have two children.
A statement signed by the Information and Press Officers of the British High Commission, Mr. Joseph Abuku said: “David’s wife wishes to make a direct appeal to those with any knowledge, saying “he is a good husband and loving father who is well respected within the Nigerian community for all his good works.

“His children miss him terribly and are desperate for any information about what happened to their father.
“She is asking for anyone with information about Mr Priestly’s current situation to please make contact, so that she can fully understand what has happened.

“Anyone who has relevant information should please contact 08177415460,” the High Commission said.

Subscribe for latest Videos

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.