By Franklin Alli

HONGXING Steel Company Limited, said weekend, it has created employment for over 200 Nigerians since the company began operation in the country eight years ago. The company’s Deputy Managing Director, Mr. Feng Zhengke, disclosed this during their end of the year party 2015 which was attended by both their Chinese and Nigerian staff across the company’s plants in Lagos.

Mr. Feng stated that from a small beginning in 2007 when the company started operation, their staff strength have grown to well over 200, and the company itself has  emerged from nothing to something in the steel sector. Fielding questions on the essence of the end year party, he explained that it was to strengthen the bond between the company’s management and staff, to reward hard work and loyalty despite the turbulent business environment in the outgoing year.

“Hongxing was able to make good returns on investments, hence the need to clink glasses with our staff, customers who have stood by us throughout the turbulent year,” he said. Mr. Wu Jinshan, General Manager Production, added that without the staff, management couldn’t have done it alone, bearing in mind stiff competitions in the industry.

According to Yemi Adeoye, Group Head, Human Capital Management, the company was able to overcome the challenges of 2015 due to team work by the staff. In his presentation on Team Building, he disclosed that the product arms of the company accounts for 80 percent of jobs done, while the non- production/administrative staffs take the remaining 20 percent.

Going forward in 2016, he urged the staff to be more productive, resulted oriented by working as a team, because, as he puts it, without a team, you can’t move forward, you can’t achieve a common goal for the company. Other highlights of the event were presentation of gifts to the oldest staff of the company, consolation prizes to other staffs as well as dance, music and food.

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.