Breaking News

4 fire service officials arrested for allegedly manhandling Police officer

Kindly Share This Story:

By Ufuoma Tiveruahor & Faith Ake

LAGOS — Four officials of the Federal Fire Service have been arrested by the Police in Festac Town, Lagos, for allegedly manhandling a Chief Superintendent of Police on mufti after he allegedly refused to make way for the convoy of one of their yet-to-be identified senior officers at the ever-busy Mile 2 area of Lagos.

Nigerian-PoliceThe incident which occurred, Wednesday, took place about 2 pm at 2nd Rainbow bus stop.

Vanguard learned that the police officer, who was in charge of Festac division, was stuck in the traffic gridlock around 2nd Rainbow area of Mile 2 when the siren-blaring convoy of the fire service men wanted to create way for their boss.

Eyewitnesses said as soon as the police officer’s private car failed to give way for the convoy, stern-looking officials of the fire service alighted from their vehicle and tried to clear the way.

Their efforts to force the police officer’s car out of the gridlock reportedly failed and they resorted to force, an action that made the officer to confront them.

It was gathered that as the altercation between the police officer and Fire Service officials worsened, the infuriated fire men pounced on the police officer and beat him up.

He was allegedly injured while his cloths were torn.

Reports said as the situation was getting out of hand, the fire service boss alerted Lagos State Commissioner of Police and he was advised to contact Festac Divison, which he promptly did only to be informed, after the arrival of policemen at the scene, that their victim was a serving police officer.

The matter took a different dimension after the policemen that arrived the scene turned around and arrested men of the Fire Service for assault and battering of their officer.

Vanguard learned that efforts by their boss to pacify the policemen failed as they insisted on detaining his men while the wounded police officer was rushed to hospital.

Efforts to get a reaction from the Federal Fire Service, at press time failed.

Kindly Share This Story:
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!