Abuja – The death toll in Sunday’s bomb explosion in Mubi, Adamawa, has risen to 18 from the initial 14 deaths confirmed by the police.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, on Sunday in Abuja.
The statement also said that the number of injured people had risen to 19 as against 12 earlier confirmed by the police.
It said that all the injured persons had been evacuated to hospitals for treatment.
” A suspect who was said to have been identified with the car used in conveying the bomb device has been arrested by troops in the area .
“He is being interogated while further investigation is ongoing,” the statement said. (NAN)