By Emma Amaize
WARRI— A mother of six, Mrs. Bread Bear, was burnt in a kerosene explosion in her home at Sandfil village, 2 Warri Overside, Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, Wednesday night.
Vanguard gathered that Mrs. Bear, an indigene of Kalafiogbene in Bomadi Local Government Area of the state was burnt beyond recognition.
A Niger Delta activist, Alhaji Yusuf Eregebene, who confirmed the incident, said the victim had been responsible for her husband who had been bedridden for the past 15 years.
He said: “The source of the bad kerosene that exploded, as she tried to light a lantern at about 8.30 pm on Wednesday, was not known.”
According to him, “her children and other 18 persons were in the rooms in the building with four provision stores with goods worth millions of naira, which were all destroyed by fire.”
Alhaji Eregbene appealed to the state governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, Delta State Emergency Management Agency and well-meaning individuals to come to the aid of the poor family, as clothes and feeding have become a problem.
A villager said, “Mrs. Bear is the person that was burnt in the incident. However, others lost their properties and it was sympathetic neighbours that rushed her to local clinic in Obotebe town in Burutu local government area.”