Breaking News
Translate

N25m reward: JTF faults media report on kiliing of Boko Haram leader

BY NDAHI MARAMA

MAIDUGURI—THE Joint Task Force (JTF), ‘Operation Restore Order’ in Borno State, has faulted media report, Wednesday, crediting the killing of the top Boko Haram Commander, Momodu Bama, to the Military Special Operation Unit, Mubi Battalion, Adamawa.

Operation Restore Order in Borno insisted that Momodu Bama was killed last week in Bama Local Government Area of Borno State by Maiduguri JTF troops, during the Boko Haram attack on Mobile Police Base and Bama town on August 4, 2013.

It would be recalled that a N25 million reward was promised anybody who could give information on the whereabouts of the Boko Haram commander.

The JTF Spokesman in Borno State, Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa, in a statement in Maiduguri, said the report was not only misleading, but not true as Momodu Bama, a.k.a Abu Saad, and his father, Abatcha Flatari, were all killed during the attack.

Sagir said contrary to the report that a bounty of N10 million was placed on Momodu Bama by the security agencies, it was actually a bounty of N25 million, being the Second-in-Command to Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau.

Sagir said: “He (Momodu Bama) was on JTF wanted list of terrorist suspects who is an indigene of Bama Local Government Area, JTF had earlier placed N25 million bounty on him, being a member of the Boko Haram Shurra Committee, but we have made a tremendous achievement in the recent Boko Haram attacks in Bama where we killed him alongside his father, Abatcha Flatari”.

Sagir noted that Abatcha Flatari was before his death, the spiritual mentor of Boko Haram in-charge of indoctrinating child foot soldiers who were mainly abducted children.


Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.