BENIN—THE national leadership of Accord Party, AC, has dissociated itself from the statement purportedly issued by one Mohammed Nalado on the crisis rocking Rivers State, stating that the said Nalado-led executive of the party had been sacked since July 29, 2010.
National Secretary of the party, Dr. Samson Isibor, said in a statement in Benin, Edo State, that the executive led by Nalado was sacked by more than two-thirds of the party’s National Executive Council and National Working Committee over allegation of gross misconduct.
He said: “Because Nalado wanted cheap recognition and favour from the Presidency, he impersonated and issued a statement on the crisis purported to have emanated from us (Accord Party).
“However, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the public are aware that since July 2010, the Nalado-led national executive ceased to exist because it was removed from office by more than two-thirds of the national executive council and National Working Committee members on July 29, 2010.”
He said that their removal, which was presided over by the chairman of the party’s Board of Trustee, Chief Augustine Maize, was done in accordance with the constitution of the party.
Isibor said: “They were sacked for gross misconduct and anti-party activities, including misappropriation of N92.8 million of our funds.
“Nalado and his cohorts were subsequently petitioned to Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC, which is currently investigating them.
“The same Nalado and his clique bribed INEC headquarters staff with N4.5 million for them to be recognised.”