Breaking News

Nigeria Police allegedly trail two over alleged homosexuality

Information has emerged that men of the Nigeria Police Force are allegedly on the trail of two men suspected to be engaged in homosexual activities. The two suspects, Chuks Ibude, native of Ekwuoma in Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State and his alleged partner, one Udo Chioma, who reside in Rumuokoro in Port-Harcourt, are currently on the run.

The Police source said the force have evidence of the suspects’ activities from their community.

Ibude and his partner, as the report claims, allegedly committed the same-sex crime on July 7, 2013 against the Federal Republic of Nigeria Criminal Code Act that proscribes such act.


Nigeria has a legislation that outlaws homosexuality and imposes prison terms of up to 14 years for people convicted under the act prohibiting same sex marriage.

The law in Nigeria makes it illegal for gay people to even hold a meeting or something of such. The Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act also criminalises homosexual clubs, associations and organizations, with penalties of up to 14 years in jail.

Beyond that, the Act provides that anybody found supporting/promoting acts of gay or lesbianism in clubs or elsewhere is punishable with 10 years imprisonment.

The report also claims that the Rivers State command of the police force in charge of the issue has declared a wide search for the arrest and prosecution of the suspects.

“One Mr. Chuks has been declared wanted by the Nigerian Police for an alleged crime of homosexuality, a crime punishable by 14 years imprisonment. Any person with information about his whereabouts should please come forward as the police will provide him or her protection….,” the statement was quoted as saying.

It said the Police got the information of the alleged homosexuality practices of the duo after they were rescued from being lynched by some community youths who clamped down on them for indulging in the act.

The report also claimed that the duo was very close and that the community members had suspected that they were having canal knowledge of themselves.

It said on a faithful morning, the community youths storm one of the suspects’ shop and beat him to pulp. It said the incident happened along Agip road, Port-Harcourt.

The report also claimed that an eye witness by name, Mrs. Uwem Akpan, had said, “We don’t expect him to survive the attack due to enormous physical and emotional abuses he got from the people and as a result, he tried to escape through the back door to save his life.”

It claimed that Mrs. Akpan said Ibude was presumably dead only to be later discovered to be breathing before he manage to escape to an unknown destination.

“At a point they thought he had died. He was bleeding all over the place with swollen face and cut on his body. What I saw that faithful day is not what I wish for anybody. If not because he is a strong person, he may not have survived it.” she added.

By Joe Aruga Omokaro


All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.