BY KINGSLEY OMONOBI
ABUJA—Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Olusola Obada, said Tuesday that the Federal Government had not ruled out dialogue with the Boko Haram sect provided they were ready to come out from their hiding place.
This is just as the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, has vowed that no officer found culpable in dereliction of duty over attack on the headquarters of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad headquarters in Abuja, would be spared.
Erelu Obada spoke when she received the Canadian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr Chris Cooter and the Canadian Military Attaché, Col. J. G. Savard, in her office.
The Minister explained that as much as the government was ready and willing to use dialogue to restore peace to the part of the North where the sect is unleashing mayhem, the leadership of the Boko Haram sect has not helped matters by remaining underground.
Meanwhile, as investigations into last week’s attack by gunmen on the headquarters of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad headquarters in Abuja are being concluded, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar has vowed that no officer found culpable in dereliction of duty, would be spared.
“We are investigating the entire saga and what led to the attack on SARS. After the investigation, heads must roll,” he said.