ABEOKUTA – THE National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) announced Tuesday that it had recovered five more bodies from the commuter bus that plunged into the river on Ijebu-Ode-Ore Expressway on Oct. 19.

Briefing newsmen in Abeokuta, NEMA Public Relations Officer, Ibrahim Farinloye said so far, 18 bodies had been recovered, while three passengers survived.

Twelve bodies had earlier been recovered when the 36-seater bus was conveying 21 passengers on the fateful day.

“All the remaining five bodies were discovered this morning, bringing the total to 21 as Madam Christina Umwena, a survivor, revealed that 21 people were on board.

“Families of the victims have been collecting the remains of their relations at the Ijebu-Ode General Hospital,” Farinloye said.

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.