Breaking News
Translate

Cameron Green estate set to redefine Ikoyi landscape

Stories BY JUDE NJOKU

A MODEL estate that would redefine the way property development should be done in this era of climate change and efforts to mitigate its adverse impacts, was flagged off last week in Lagos. The high end estate which was aptly named Cameron Green, is the brainchild of Messrs UACN Property Development Company (UPDC) Plc and would be built on a parcel of land measuring 11,000m2 at No 1-3 Cameron Road, in the highbrow Ikoyi area of Lagos.

Speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony, the Lagos State Commissioner for Housing, lauded the foremost property development company for embarking on yet another scheme but challenged them to also provide housing for the lower income group. He invited the company to partner with the Lagos State government in this regard.

Group Managing Director of UAC Nigeria Plc, Mr. Larry Ettah described the multi-billion Naira estate as a milestone in the history of UPDC because the estate will redefine luxury without taking any toll on the environment. “This is one of the estates we want to use to make a statement on developments that are sustainable,” he said adding that only about 20 percent of the land will be built up while the remaining 80 percent will be greenery.

Also speaking, the Managing Director of UPDC Plc, Mr. Hakeem Ogunniran said the estate which has been designed to align with UPDc’s goal of sustainability, a community “for those discerning customers who are ready to reap the benefits of their hard work in life and want the best for themselves and their families”

“Cameron Green is a residential estate located on the high-brow Cameron Road in Ikoyi with picturesque landscape filled with ample trees and lush vegetation in line with UPDC’s goal of sustainability. The estate will comprise 4 – 5-bedroom Detached houses with Boys Quarter. Each house which will be built on 1,000 sq.m land and come with its own swimming pool. We also have two block of 28 flats made of 10 units of four-bedroom flats, 10 units of three-bedroom flats and eight units of one-bedroom flats,’ he said. To ensure the comfort of residents, the estate will come equipped with the following facilities; Swimming Pool, Gymnasium, Lawn Tennis court and Children’s Playground. Others include: Easy Drive way, ample parking lots for residents and visitors., boreholes and water treatment plant as well as sewage treatment plant, PHCN electricity and stand by generator. Designed by the architectural firm of Popham Walter odusote & Co, Cameron Green will be built by Brunneli Construction Company Limited and project managed by Messrs Courtney Michael Partnership.

Flaunting the features of the estate which is billed for completion in November 2012, Mr. Ogunniran said the houses will be well spaced to prevent congestion and allow free flow of air. Other attractive features include: Retention of existing mature trees as much as possible to avoid environmental disturbance and preserve the original ecosystem *Buried drain pipes to avoid erosional effect of open drainage system, *All the light fittings are energy saving types including the street lights while the showers and faucets are low water consuming fittings which minimise water usage of the whole estate. There would be natural ventilation for all the rooms (with or without mechanical support), reduction of noise pollution by separating and shielding away of the services area and one -source power supply for the whole estate which will also enhances noise reduction.


Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.