Crawford Univer-sity, Faith City, Igbesa, Ogun State, inaugurated a reconstituted Board of Trustees (BOT) as the term of the pioneering board which came into existence in 2005 when the institution was licensed by the Federal Government has expired.
Also inaugurated was the Governing Council with Professor Peter Okebukola as chairman and Pro-Chancellor.
The District Superintendent of the Apostolic Faith Mission in West and Central Africa, Rev. Emmanuel Adebayo Adeniran who also doubles as the Proprietor of Crawford University, performed the inauguration.
New BOT members are:
• Dr. Gabriel Kayode Ajayi (chairman), presently Director of Mission, a retired banker of repute and consultant.
• Professor Peter Okebukola, former executive secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), an educationist and teacher.
• Rev. Segun Ogunsheye, former Secretary to Ogun State Government and retired Head of Service, now a private consultant and distinguished scholar.
• Rev. James Olaleye, a retired diplomat, one-time deputy ambassador to Japan, and has headed several missions for Nigeria in different countries.
• Professor Moses Toye Ige, a fellow of the Institute of Engineers, Professor of Agricultural Engineering before becoming Vice-Chancellor of Crawford University. He is also a chartered engineer.
• Professor Reuben Kolo, a scholar, presently Professor of Technology, Federal University of Technology, Minna.
• Dr. Jonathan Amakiri, a consultant to Shell Petroleum Development Company and a doctor of Biotechnology.
The Governing-Council members are:
• Prof Peter Okebukola (Chairman and Pro-Chancellor).
• Dr. Albert Abe (community representative)
• Prof Oye Ibidapo-Obe.
• Dr. Isaac Adigun.
• Chief Tunde Lemo.
• Prof Onyemaobi.
• Mrs. Fola Onanuga.
• Rev James Olaleye (Representative of BOT).
• Mr. J.B. Osho (Representative of the Senate).
• Prof B.A. Babalola.
• Representative of Ogun State Government.
In his acceptance speech on behalf of other council members Okebukola gave glory to God as Crawford University found them worthy for the appointment. He paid tribute to Dr. Ajayi for his dedication and commitment to ensure that all it took to get the license were put in place.
He said Crawford University was ordained by God, assuring that the institution is ready to face NUC accrediting, adding, “when they see us, they will give us victory.”
Okebukola stated: “You’ve put us on the ladder, we will climb it. All members of the council are unique.
Our objectives are two: To train an Army for Christ and win souls for the Lord; to train highly qualified graduates, who will hold their own anywhere and be the best.”
He pledged not to disappoint.
In his own speech, chairman of the Board of Trustees thanked the proprietor for the honour bestowed on them.
“We have nothing extra-ordinary to qualify us for this appointment. Indeed, we are all men of ordinary talents who nevertheless are determined to pool our efforts to make an extra-ordinary impact to justify the confidence reposed in us in the belief that we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us..”
Ajayi assured that the board will make selfless service its watchword. It will be concerned with what it can give to the neglect of what it can get.