The Super Eagles will not run short of funds when they will be campaigning in the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazill.
The Minister of Sports Dr Tamuno Danagogo has assured that everything is being done to make the team comfortable during the Mundial in Brazil
Speaking to the media in Abuja shortly after addressing the contingent going to Gaborone for the African Youth Games in Botswana, the Minister said with full authority that necessary funds are already available for the prosecution of Nigeria’s World Cup campaign in Brazil.
“Last week Thursday, I interacted with the Nigeria Football Federation on World Cup preparation, trying to compare notes and even demanding that they put into writing their level of preparedness and I can tell you that I am impressed with their answers,” Danagogo said.
“I am hopeful, very expectant too that we will surpass our previous records. We are going [to Brazil] for the best and we hope that our coaches and our players will live up to that expectation and belief..
“In terms of finances at least we have released a sum of money to get the team to a reasonable level in the competition.
You must understand that these competitions and the funding come in stages. You take the group stages and you take up to another so that there can be some level of accountability.
“But the government is doing everything possible [to make sure the team is comfortable]. We have made releases to cover their camping up to the friendly matches in London and in the [United States of America] to all the qualifying games.
Once that is over there are other provisions that are also on ground to take them to whatever stage.