The Federal Government say it is ‘ready to dialogue’ with Boko Haram on hostages.
Special Duties Minister Taminu Turaki, on Tuesday, said that Nigeria is willing to talk to Boko Haram about securing the release of 223 schoolgirls still held hostage by the Islamists.
Turaki, who last year headed a committee tasked with pursuing an amnesty pact with some Boko Haram fighters, said: “Nigeria has always been willing to dialogue with the insurgents…
“We are willing to carry that dialogue on any issue, including the girls kidnapped in Chibok, because certainly we are not going to say that (the abduction) is not an issue.”
Also Governor Kashim Shettima. Shettima has identified the female hostages shown in a video released by Boko Haram as students of the secondary school attacked by the Islamists on April 14.
“All the girls in that video were identified to be students of the Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok,” said northeastern Borno state’s Governor Kashim Shettima.
Shettima, who spoke in Abuja, had organised a viewing of the video for the Chibok community.
More Details soon