2015: Jonathan to fire more ministers

on   /   in News 1:08 am   /   Comments

BY SONI DANIEL

 A cross section of the newly sworn-in ministers, Saturday, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

A cross section of the newly sworn-in ministers, Saturday, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

ABUJA—Apparently preparing the ground for eventual declaration of his interest in the 2015 election, President Goodluck Jonathan may shock the nation with the sacking of another round of ministers in the coming weeks.

Vanguard learnt from reliable presidential sources last night that the President had already made up his mind to offload more ministers, who were not really adding value to the Transformation Agenda of the administration.
It was also learnt that the President had decided to remove all controversial ministers from his cabinet so as to win the confidence of the electoral ahead of the impending election.

Also to be shown the way out by the President, are ministers and political advisers planning to contest the next election.
The removal of the ministers, according to sources, is to enable the President to bring in many politicians into the cabinet to pave the way for his electoral victory in the coming election.

The source, which pleaded anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, said that the next round of cabinet members to be sacked would shock the nation.
“The source said, “What the President is about to do, will certainly shake the nation.”

Pressed to give an idea of those to be removed from the cabinet, the source hinted that the President was coming with what he called a ‘bombshell’ but did not elaborate.
Many ministers in the cabinet are known to be eyeing the governorship seats of their states and will want to leave in order to prepare for the hot contest.

 

    Print       Email