Govt closes reception camps for CAR returnees

on   /   in News 9:29 pm   /   Comments

BY LAIDE AKINBOADE

ABUJA—The Federal Government has closed the reception camp established for the 1,424 Nigerians evacuated from crisis torn  Central African Republic, CAR.
The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, which disclosed this in Abuja on Tuesday, said the Federal Government was able to evacuate all the 1,424 Nigerians stranded in CAR.

“All the affected people have gone to their various states,” NEMA said in a statement.
It would be recalled that the United Nations report said over one million people had been displaced from their homes in clashes between Christian militias and the mainly Muslim Seleka rebel group that overthrew President Francois Bozize last March.

 

    Print       Email