By Favour Nnabugwu
ABUJA—The Federal Government has committed N90.3 billion to the rehabilitation and reconstruction of the 106.5km Enugu- Portharcourt dual carriageway.
Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, made this known while flagging off commencement of construction work on the road at Abia Towers and Leru in Abia State, weekend.
Onolememen said that given the high economic value of the road to the people of Nigeria, especially those in the South East and South-South geopolitical zones of the country, the Federal Government had been carrying out palliative maintenance on the road to make it motorable before eventually embarking on the reconstruction.
He said the project was approved by the Federal Executive Council on Wednesday, August 21, 2013, adding that when completed, the project would substantially improve the movement of the people, goods and services in the area.