Breaking News
Translate

O’jez Restaurant gutted by fire!

What could have become a major disaster was averted,Wednesday morning when the ground floor of  O’jez Restaurant, located within the National Stadium premises, Surulere, Lagos was gutted by fire.

Though no life was lost,  eye-witnesses said the inferno was caused by a power surge in the popular celebrity hangout. Some valuable items including plastic chairs, tables and an aquarium  were damaged before the staff of O’jez noticed it and raised  alarm.

An eye-witness also confirmed that the fire  was however put off  with the  combined efforts of the restaurant’s staff, some staff of the National Sports Commission and a few athletes training in the stadium at that time, who helped minimise the intensity of the inferno, before the arrival of fire fighters from Iganmu.

The  fire fighters from Ilupeju were also  at the Stadium to help put off the fire which was spreading to the Chinese arm of the restaurant and other parts of the building.

HVP gathered that  while staff of the restaurant did not notice  the fire  on time, a stranger who was around the place,  noticed it  and quickly alerted them.


Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.