We’ve all been there; staring at a snack pack of plantain chips and knowing we should eat the apple in the fridge instead. The caloric difference might not be much though, so what’s the difference, right? Surprisingly, a tonne! Especially, if you’re hoping to kick off some fat from your frame. While there is no magic bullet for weight loss, the following foods and drinks naturally increase your body’s fat-burning potential.
1. Calcium (low fat milk, low-fat or fat free yoghourt, skimmed milk or virgin coconut milk): As it turns out, milk really does the body good as does yoghourt. Studies have revealed a strong link between high calcium intake and improved body composition. â€œIf you don’t have adequate calcium in your diet, any attempt at weight loss will be less productive,â€ says Robert P. Heaney, MD, John A. Creighton University; Professor at Creighton University U.S.A.
When your calcium intake is low, your body secretes hormones that allow you to make better use of the calcium in your diet. Problem is that your body signals fat cells to hold on to fat at the same time. Take a glass of skimmed milk a day or a cup of fat-free yoghourt to boost weight loss.
2. Fibre, Oats, Brown rice: Enjoy a brown rice dish instead of white rice and you could be well on your way to shedding dangerous belly fat. Whole grain bread and regular oats are also wonderful source of fibre. A good rice rule of thumb: make sure you get at least three servings of whole-grain foods a day (a serving is a slice of bread or a half cup at cooked brown rice or oat meal). Oat meal and brown rice are particularly good choices because, they’re rich in soluble fibre and don’t typically raise blood sugar as much as white rice.
3. Catechins, Oolong Tea, and Green Tea: This will help shrink your belly, especially when combined with regular exercise and eating right. Catechins are a powerful anti-oxidant found in these teas. They increase metabolism and the rate at which the liver burn fat. To reap these rewards, drink four to six cups of Oolong or Green tea a day. For fat-blasting effect, take Oolong tea and if you find it difficult to take the 4 to 6 cups a day; then take the Oolong tea diet capsules, which contains green tea and fish oil for heart and skin health; and amazing fat burning result (08034545819, 07063685311).
4. Protein (egg whites, chicken breast, and fish): Cutting calories is still the best way to lose weight as long as you don’t cut too much protein. Protein helps with weight loss in a number of ways. First, your body uses more energy to break down protein foods than it does to break down other foods. Protein also helps you hang onto muscle mass as you’re losing weight, and since muscle burns more calories than fat, you want to keep as much of it as you can. Finally, protein dampens hunger better than carbohydrates.
Advice: Include a source of protein at every meal, especially breakfast, for which most people fall short.
5. Omega 3s (fish and flaxseed): Eating fat might sound like a crazy idea when you’re trying to lose fat, but getting more Omega 3 fatty acid from fish or flaxseed could be just right. Omega 3 fatty acids reduce fat mass and make you feel less hungry and more satisfied up to two hours after eating.
6. Grape fruit: Citrus fruits, especially grape fruit, contain a flavonoid called naringerin which studies have revealed prevents body fat increases. Grape fruit can actually speed up weight loss.
7. Spices (Cayenne pepper, cinnamon granger etc): These are all thermogenic and metabolic boosters and they help to gradually detox the body of toxins and free radicals. If you’re ready to lose weight the healthy way and rid your body of diseases, you need to spice up your diet by adding these spices and herbs and gain real, lasting energy. The â€œBody Perfect Healing and Cleansing Cocktailâ€ drink contains all these spices and more.
For detox solutions, Oolong tea leaves and Oolong tea diet, Body Perfect Healing and Cleansing Cocktail call:
Lagos – 08034545819
Port Harcourt – 08033099204
Enugu – 08037090382