By Jimitota Onoyume
PORT HARCOURTâ€” DEATH toll in last Saturdayâ€™s electrocution incident at Trans Amadi area of Port Harcourt that resulted in the death of several persons has risen to twelve, says Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr.Â Suleiman Abba.
According to the Commissioner, the latest cases died in the hospitals were they were rushed to. He said families of those that died on the day the incident occurred had started going to retrieve their corpses at the mortuary of the Braithwaite Memorial Hospital where most of them were rushed to.
He said the police allowed them since they died in what could safely be described as an accident.
It would be recalled that a high tension cable snapped on Saturday at the Trans Amadi area of Port Harcourt killing about eight persons on the spot while two others later died at the hospital the same day.
With the latest development, the death toll has so far risen to twelve. Meanwhile, the Rivers State government assured it would make all effort to see that survivors get back to their feet again. Secretary to the state government, Mr. Magnus Abbey gave the assurance when he visited the casualties at their hospital beds at the Braithwaite Memorial Hospital on the day the sad incident occurred. He said the government would give them all the support.