By Taye Obateru
Jos â€” A mother of nine has been electrocuted in Langtang Plateau State throwing the family and relations into mourning.
The 46-year-old woman died when she unknowingly touched a naked electric wire while working at the Langtang North Local Government Secretariat which electrocuted her instantly.
She had been employed with other women as casual labourers to clear the grass within the secretariat and was on her duty post when she met her untimely death.
Eyewitnesses said she had complained about a wire along her path which was obstructing her work and not suspecting the wire to be harmful tried to pick it whichÂ turned out to be fatal.
It was later confirmed that the naked wire was one of those linking the generating set within the premises, which was on at the time, to the offices which got exposed through wear and tear.
Other women were said to have screamed as they saw her slump after she was electrocuted and this attracted others around, but nobody dared to touch her for fear of being also electrocuted.
It was gathered that the generating set had to be put off before she was removed to hospital where she was confirmed dead.
Family sources said she has already been buried but there has been no official statement on the incident from the local government.